Sunday, August 23, 2015

Boyfriend's 21st Birthday {Man Boquet}

Hey guys!  My boyfriend recently turned 21, so I thought I would share with you the gift that I made him.  Things were super hectic because I was also planning a surprise party for him and I totally forgot to take pictures along the way, so I hope my descriptions help.  Happy crafting!

Materials:

From the liquor store:

  • 3 Lottery Scratchers
  • 4 Cigars (I got 3 average and 1 good one)
  • 9 Mini bottles (I used Chambord, Crystal Head Vodka, Bulleit Bourbon, Jameson, Maker's Mark, Rumchata, Crown Royal, Glenlivet, & Kraken - My boyfriend likes whiskey and bourbon so I did more of those, but you can use whatever mini bottles you want)
  • 1 Full Size Bottle (I used Tullamore Dew, but again, you can use whatever will fit in the pot)
  • 1 Cigar Cutter
  • 1 Cigar Lighter
  • 1 Bullet Bottle Opener

From the dollar store:

  • 1 Plastic Pot
  • 1 Bag of Brown Paper Confetti Filler (spanish moss also works well)
  • 1 Pack of 20 Red Solo Shot Glasses
  • 1 Bag of Barbecue Skewers
  • 2 Pieces of Floral Foam

From the craft store:

  • 1 Small Piece of Burlap
  • 1 Hot Glue Gun
  • 1 Roll of Twine
  • 1 Wood Tag
  • 1 Pack of Scrapbooking Letters


Assembly:


  1. Cut the burlap to whatever width you want it, and trim the length to about 5 inches longer than the circumference of the pot.
  2. Wrap the burlap around the pot, and tie it in the front.  I did half of a knot, then hot glued the ends down to secure it and make it look more finished.
  3. Fill the bottom of the pot with floral foam.  Leave more space in the front of the pot to fit your full size bottle - I cut the floral foam with a serrated kitchen knife outside, because it can be pretty messy.
  4. Secure the mini bottles, scratchers, cigars, & red solo shot glasses to barbecue skewers using hot glue.  The shot glasses, scratchers, and cigars are fine with just 1 skewer, but the heavier mini bottles will need 2 or 3.
  5. Place the full size bottle in the pot, and secure with hot glue and/or skewers if necessary.
  6. Stick the mini bottles, cigars, shot glasses, & scratchers around the bottle however you like.  I did 5 layers to give it more depth, but it all depends on how you like it and how many things you use.
  7. Cover all of the floral foam with the confetti or spanish moss.
  8. Place remaining items in the top of the pot (additional mini bottles, cigar accessories, bottle openers, etc.) & place the tag (using twine, a wood tag, & scrapbook letters). 


No comments:

Post a Comment